Hello, lovely! Words cannot express how much I have missed you.
The following are ten things that I am loving right now that I couldn’t help but share with you!
1. Making art. Matt and I have been embracing our inner artists. This was our first time using our gluten-free organic/edible finger paint. Matthew thoroughly enjoyed himself; although, I felt the paint was too watery and easily chipped off the page when dry.
2. Day dreaming of an eco-friendly home amidst nature. Allan and I would love to someday own an ultra-modern, eco-friendly home surrounded by trees, animals and water.
3. Baby-Led Weaning. For several weeks L has insisted that he is ready to eat solids. First he started batting at my food, oftentimes stealing pieces and quickly shoving them into his mouth, then he began making (almost constant) chewing faces during meals and now he has FOUR teeth! He has had very small tastes of avocado, sweet potato and banana. I plan to roast a few carrots for him with dinner tonight.
5.Carob Raspberry Amazeballs. The best snack ever! I used the Fitnessita’s recipe as a base and make a huge batch every other week. They freeze well and are perfect pre/post workout or as a snack while running errands. Recipe coming soon. 🙂
6. Hardcore workouts. I just finished the Fitnessista’s 4 week Winter Shape Up. I feel refreshed and ready to take on more hardocre exercise. We are quickly approaching our beach vacation and am trying to decide which workout program to get my body in (hopefully) post-baby bikini shape. I am considering the The Female Body Breakthrough, ZCUT or Supreme 90.
7. Afternoon Chai Protein Lattes. I have been making a large batch of double strength chai tea “concentrate” to keep in the fridge for when I am in need of an afternoon “pick me up”. It’s super simple: combine a cup of the warmed chai tea concentrate, a half scoop of vanilla protein powder and 1/4-1/2 cup frothed nondairy milk in a mug, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy. Ah-mazing!
8. Warm winter walks. We are starting to get a little stir crazy over here. So, when the weather has been above freezing and sunny, we bundle up and go for a half an hour walk before lunch. It helps to clear my mind and lift my spirits. L usually takes a cat-nap in the Ergo and M is able to burn off some energy.
9. Vine. I am having so much fun taking short, stop motion videos of the boys to share with friends and family on Facebook. It’s a nice departure from my standard Instagram photos.
10. The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped. I am re-reading Tosca Reno’s Eat-Clean Diet Stripped book and this week I am easing into the eating plan, trying to use up items we already have on hand. Next week I plan to hit it hard and loose these last few stubborn baby pounds! Although, I already know that I will have to modify my food intake a bit so as not to impact L’s milk supply.
What have you been loving lately? Are you getting in shape for a big winter vacation? If so, where are you headed?